ASCEND ON ELBRUS 5642 m. FROM SOUTH ON SOUTHERN SLOPE - PROGRAM ON A CLASSICAL ROUTE FROM TURKEL – ELBRUS REGION. 2017 - MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER
Terms of the program: June-September;
Duration of the program: 8 days / 7 nights; Start - every Saturday
Cost of the programs:
"Budget" - 400 USD / person for a group of 4 people,
- 500 USD / person for a group of 3 people;
"All inclusive" - 750 USD / person for a group of 4 people,
- 850 USD / person for a group of 3 people;
The level of participants' training: a good physical form, no contraindications to being at heights and doing physical exercises.
Brief description of the program:
The ascent to Elbrus along the southern slope includes: 3-5 training days - radial trips to the picturesque places of the Elbrus region: the Narzan meadow, mineral springs, high-mountainous lakes, waterfalls, the peaks Terskol, Itkol, Cheget.
And 3-5 days of acclimatization training at Shelter 11, climbing Elbrus on the southern slope, day of rest (or a spare day in case of bad weather) and descent to Terskol.
Detailed program description by days:
1 day. Meeting at the airport or railway station in the city of Mineral Waters or Nalchik up to 15.00. Organized transfer to Terskol village (3-4 hours). Accommodation. Dinner, Discussion of programs. Browsing of the equipment. Theoretical information on safety in the mountains. Lodging for the night in the village of Terskol.
2 day. Breakfast. Ascent along the serpentine to Peak Terskol (3100 m.) to the region of a high-altitude Observatory. Duration of the route is 5-6 hours, distance is 16 km. Descent to Terskol. Dinner. Selection of missing equipment at the box office. Packing the backpacks. Preparation for the ascent to the alpine shelter. Dinner. Lodging for the night in the village of Terskol.
3 day. Transfer to the Azau meadow, cableway to the barrels of Garabashi (3750 m.). Acclimatization and training lift to Priyut-11, height (4100 m). Here, you will be provided with a base camp. Practical exercises in the necessary elements of mountaineering (moving in crampon, putting the individual safety system on, moving with the use of handrails). Lodging for the night at the Shelter Maria.
4 day. Acclimatization-training climbing on the Pastukhov rocks (4750 m.). Ascent and descent take about 5 hours. . Information, discussion, preparation for the ascent to Elbrus. Lodging for the night at the Shelter Maria.
5 day. Rest day, preparation for ascent
Day 6. Getting to Elbrus. Early rise at 1 or 2 am. Breakfast. Beginning of Ascent at 3-4 am (depending on the weather conditions and the usage of the snowcat). The ascent time is 8-10 hours, the descent is 4-5 hours. For the climb you will need a personal lunch package. Lodging for the night at the Shelter Maria. In case of the bad weather, climbing is postponed for a day of rest.
7 day. Descent to the MKD in Terskol. Dinner. Return of inventory to the rental. Restoration trip to the Narzan springs (Achisuu). Dinner.
8 day. Organized departure (at 9 am) if the group or participants leave for one of the cities (Minvody / Nalchik) (duration of the trip is around 3-4 hours). Return tickets must be purchased for not earlier than 3 pm.
“All inclusive option” - price includes:
-Transfer from Minvod or Nalchik to Terskol and back; - Internal transfer Azau-Terskol, Terskol-Azau; Ascent and descent to the MKD;
-Accommodation in Terskol in the hotel (2-3 rooms of the room); -living in high-mountain shelters;
-Eating in a high-altitude shelter.
-Production of theoretical and practical classes on safety in the mountains and the basics of mountaineering.
-Service guide: conducting hikes, training acclimatization ascent and climbing Elbrus. (1 guide for 3-4 people).
Additional guide if the group is more than 4 people.
- Communication with the basic MES during ascending, hiking - at control points, as well as in adverse weather conditions.
-One attempt to climb Elbrus and one spare day in case of the bad weather. Registration in the Ministry of Emergencies of all participants in ascents and hikes.
- Registration of passes to the border zone. (It is advisable to send the full passport data a month and a half early).
-Temporary registration of foreign citizens and citizens of the CIS.
-Rent of public safety equipment to ensure the security and organization of insurance payments when climbing Mount Elbrus and during hikes. (Ropes, carbines, ice screws).
-Nomianl Certificate of Ascension
The price does not include:
Possible permissions for climbing Elbrus and staying in the national park (1000 rubles / person)
-transfer from the place of residence to Minvod (Nalchik) and back
-use of a snowcat
-additional guide (if the group is of 4, or less than 4 people)
- Purchase of missing personal equipment and individual safety equipment (individual insurance system, 2 carbines)
-Meals in Terskol
Additional information about the tour:
Meeting at the airport or the railway station in the city of Mineral Waters or Nalchik, if the group or participants arrived in one of the cities before 3 pm. (Moscow time) on the day of arrival. A minibus or a car, depending on the size of the group.
During acclimatization and training exits and climbing to Elbrus, the group lives in a high-altitude shelter at an altitude of 4100 m. The food is cooked during the stay in the high-altitude shelter by a guide from the products of quick and instant cooking.
Backpacks with personal equipment and products are carried by the participants themselves, from the Barrels, to the shelter for 1.5-2 hours. It is possible to use a snowmobile.
Acclimatization training is based on the physiological principles of acclimatization and theory-methods of physical education. And contributes to optimal acclimatization for the ascent participants. This type of training refers to stepwise acclimatization.
1 day- the height is 2200 m
2 day - the height is 3100 m
3 day - the height is 4200 m
4 day - the height is 4800 meters
5 day- the height is 5642 m
6 day - the height is 2200 m
Each participant should have a personal medical kit with personal medicines that you use in everyday life (from headache, temperature and vitamins).The guide has a public first aid kit .
The equipment for climbing Elbrus is described in detail on the site in the 'Summer Programs'. Missing equipment is purchased at the rental office for 3-4 days.
The temperature in Terskol (2200 m.) In the summer is around +10, +25 C. Spring-autumn: 0, + 15. In the shelter Maria (4100 m.) In summer 0, +15; Spring-autumn + 10, -2 In the morning on the day of ascent (03-04 am), the temperature is -5, -15 in summer-spring-autumn. In the afternoon, at the ascent it’s about 0, + 10 degrees. As a rule, it’s windy.
Contacts for communication: +79118564707 (WhatsApp), firstname.lastname@example.org
"A budget option" price includes:
1. Reservation of transport for an organized transfer from the airport (or railway station) of Nalchik or the city of Mineral waters to Terskol. It’s provided if the group or participants arrived to the city before 3 pm (Moscow time) on the day of arrival.
2. Reservation of the domestic transfer of Terskol-Azau, Azau-Terskol.
3. Reservation of housing in Terskol
4. Reservation of places in high-mountain shelters.
5. Provision of public dishes for cooking in the field.
6. Assistance in the organization of nutrition in the field.
7. Conducting theoretical and practical classes on safety in the mountains and the basics of mountaineering.
8. Guide services: conducting hikes, training acclimatization ascent and one attempt to climb Elbrus. (1 guide for 3-4 people).
9. Registration of all participants in ascent and hikes in the Ministry of Emergencies.
10. Temporary registration of foreign citizens and citizens of the CIS.
11. Rent of public safety equipment.
(Ropes, carbines, ice screws).
14. Connection with the base of the Ministry for Emergency Situations during ascending, hiking.
The price does not include:
1. Payment of a transfer from Mineral Waters or Nalchik to Terskol and back. Terskol-Azau-Terskol.
2. Rise-descent on the Elbrus cable-pendulum road on the slope of Elbrus to the "barrels" - 3700 m.
3. Accommodation in the village of Terskol and high altitude shelters.
4. Possible environmental fee of the national park for climbing Elbrus. The amount collected varies annually and it’s 1000 rubles per person on average.
5. Purchasing of missing personal equipment and individual safety equipment at the rental (Individual Safety System, 2 carbines,).
6. Meals in boarding houses, cafes and in the place of residence in Terskol, as well as the food in the field.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES FOR THE Budget option:
1. Transfer cost: Mineral water - Terskol (Gazelle) – 4500 rubles from the group. Terskol-Azau -350 rubles.
2. Accommodation in Terskol 1 night is around 600-900 rubles, in high-mountain shelters -600-700 rubles per day
3. Lifting and descent on cable cars - about 600 rubles per person per day
4. The cost of products according to the recommendations for 8 days is 5000-5500 rubles. Products for hiking and climbing, according to the list on the site, are purchased by program participants at the place of residence and are brought with them, as their assortment in Terskol is limited.
All routes are designated on all tour-maps, belong to the category of mountain tourism and do not require special tourist and climbing training (available for beginners). The average duration of daytime transitions is 12-16 km, it's about 6-8 hours, including lunch and 10 minutes halt every 50 minutes.