5642m. ASCENSION TO ELBRUS FROM THE NORTH, ON THE NORTHERN SLOPE. THE BEGINNING OF THE ROUTE IS FROM TERSKOL. 2017 - MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER.
Terms of the program: June, July, August, September.
Duration of the program: 10 days / 9 nights; Start - every Saturday
The cost of the program:
"Budget" - 450 USD / person for a group of 4 or more people
"All inclusive" - 900 USD / person for a group of 4 or more people
Level of participants preparation: good physical shape, tourism / mountaineering experience is desirable
Brief description of the program
The ascent to Elbrus along the northern slope includes: 3 days of mountain trek from the village of Elbrus, through Irik Chat pass, to the base camp on the northern slope of Elbrus (3800m);
Acclimatization trip to the Lenz rocks (4700 m)
Ascent to the eastern peak of Elbrus;
Descent to the springs of Gyly-su, departure to Kislovodsk-Mineralnye Vody
Detailed program description by days
In case of the bad weather and dangerous ice conditions, the organizers can change the route for the first three days - along the nearby canyon Kyrtyk.
1 day. Arrival, accommodation, route coordination, checking and picking of the equipment.
2 day. Transfer to Elbrus (1800 m.), Ascent along the Irik-Irikchat canyon to the "Green Overnight" (2800 m.), Lodging for the night. The length of the route is about 11 km. The route passes along the full path, along the way there are narzans, sand castles, a waterfall, a view of the Adyl-su canyon with the Ushba, Shkhelda, Jantugan peaks. Lodging for a night on a clearing, where there are transparent springs and inviting mountain peaks!
3 day. Ascent to the Irikchat pass (3667m. Meters), descent to the Ice Plateau of Djikaugekez (3300 meters above sea level), descent to the Emerald Lake (3100 meters above sea level), lodging for the night. The route runs along a path with a lunar landscape, half way along the ice plateau of Djikaugeköz.
The length of the route is about 10 km. When climbing to Irikchat, we pass by the glacier of the same name, above which stands Elbrus, and on the pass it opens in all its grandeur.
On the ice plateau, there are many streams, which then flow into the Malka River. The color of the lake, on the shore of which we lodge for the night, varies from gray to emerald, depending on the illumination.
4 day. Transition to the area of the "German airfield" - "stone mushrooms". The length of the route is about 10 km. Lodging for the night at an altitude of 3150 m.
Volcanic sand, rocky rises and descents, rivers and streams, which in the afternoon increase in size. Overnight stay above the German airfield on a glade protected from the wind from all sides and next to the "Japanese" garden. The stone mushrooms-the "chakra’s of the earth" are located above the place of the night stay.
5 day. Ascend to the area of the Northern Shelter (3760 m). The duration of the transition is about 7km.
On the rout there are stone sculptures-mushrooms. Then the transition to the glacier and along the ridge rise to the sandy-stony platform, where there will be a base camp.
6 day. Acclimatization and training climbing under the rocks of Lenz (4500 m.), returning to the base camp. From this height the entire route you just passed can be seen.
7 day. Rest day, preparation for climbing, or a spare day for climbing in case of bad weather.
8 day. Ascent to Elbrus along the northern slope. The maximum time for climbing is 10 hours, this is determined by the weather conditions and the personal qualities of the participants. The time of return is about half the time for the ascent.
9 day. Descent to warm narzans. On the way there is a service of the Ministry of Emergencies and the Silver Spring, the path goes along the plateau of Irakhi-syrt, passes along the Kalinovy bridge across the River of Fire and descends to the Malka waterfall and to the narzan baths. Overnight stay.
10 day. Departure to Mineralnye Vody. The end of the program "Ascent to Elbrus along the northern slope".
All inclusive option price includes:
-Transfer from Minvod to Terskol;
- Transfer from the Northern Elbrus region to Minvody
-Overnight stay in Terskol at the hotel
-Living in 2-3 local tents
-3 meals a day.
-Production of theoretical and practical classes on safety in the mountains and the basics of mountaineering.
-Service guide: conducting hikes, training acclimatization ascent and climbing Elbrus. (1 guide for 3-4 people).
Additional guide if the group is more than 4 people.
-Disking of products and equipment to the northern Elbrus region
-Communication with the base of the Ministry of Emergency Situations during ascents, hikes- at control points, and also in adverse weather conditions.
-One attempt to climb Elbrus and one spare day in case of bad weather.
Registration in the Ministry of Emergencies of all participants in ascents and hikes.
-Temporary registration of foreign citizens and citizens of the CIS.
-Rent of public safety equipment. To ensure the safety and organization of safety rails when climbing Mount Elbrus and during hikes. (Ropes, carbines, ice screws).
The price does not include:
- Food in Terskol - day of arrival
- Possible fees for climbing Elbrus and stay in the national park (1000 rubles / person)
-transfer from the place of residence to Minvod (Nalchik) and back
-additional guide (if group is of 4, or less than 4 people)
- Purchasing of missing personal equipment and individual safety equipment at the rental office for 8-10 days (individual safety system, 2 carbines)
Additional information about the tour:
Meeting at the airport or railway station in the city of Mineralnye Vody if the group or participants arrives before 3 pm. (Moscow time) on the day of arrival. Minibus or car, depending on the size of the group.
During the acclimatization-training exits and the ascent to Elbrus, the group lives in tents. Preparation of food is carried out by the guide from the products of quick and instant preparation together with the group.
Backpacks with personal equipment and products are carried by the participants themselves
Acclimatization training is based on the physiological principles of acclimatization and theory-methods of physical education. And contributes to optimal acclimatization for the ascent participants. This type of training refers to stepwise acclimatization.
Each participant should have a personal medical kit with personal medicines that you use in everyday life (from headache, temperature and vitamins).The guide has a public first aid kit .
The equipment for climbing Elbrus is described in detail on the site in the 'Summer Programs'. Missing equipment is purchased at the rental office for the duration of the program.
The temperature in Terskol (2200 m.) In the summer is +10, +25. Spring-autumn 0, + 15. On the northern shelter (3800 m.) In summer 0, +15; Spring-autumn + 10, -2 In the morning on the day of
ascent (03-04 am), the temperature is -5, -15 summer-spring-autumn. In the afternoon, at the ascent of 0, + 10. As a rule, it’s windy.
Contacts for communication: +79118564707 (WhatsApp), firstname.lastname@example.org
"A budget option" price includes:
- Reservation of transport, for an organized transfer from the airport (or railway station) in Nalchik or the city of Mineral waters in Terskol. Provided if the group or participants arrives in one city before 3 pm (Moscow time) on the day of arrival.
- Reservation of accommodation in Terskol
- Reservation of places in high-mountain shelters.
- Provision of public dishes for cooking in the field.
- Assistance in the organization of nutrition in the field.
- Conducting theoretical and practical classes on safety in the mountains and the basics of mountaineering.
- Guide services: conducting hikes, training acclimatization ascent and one attempt to climb Elbrus. (1 guide for 3-4 people).
- Registration of all participants in ascent and trekking in the Ministry of Emergencies.
- Temporary registration of foreign citizens and citizens of the CIS.
-. Rent of public safety equipment.
(Ropes, carbines, ice screws).
- Connection with the base of the Ministry for Emergency Situations during ascending, hiking.
The price does not include:
- Payment of transfer from Mineral Waters or Nalchik to Terskol and back.
- Accommodation in Terskol and high altitude shelters.
- Possible ecological fees of the national park for climbing Elbrus. The amount collected annually varies and it’s 1000 rubles per person on average.
-. Purchase of missing personal equipment and individual safety equipment in Terskol for 8-10 days (Individual Safety System, 2 carbines,).
- Meals in Terskol, as well as food in the field.
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES FOR THE OPTION Budget:
1. Transfer cost: Mineral water - Terskol (Gazelle) – 4000 rubles from the group. Jili su - Mineral water-Terskol (equipment return) - 12000 rubles per group.
2. Accommodation in Terskol 1 night 500-700 rubles, in high-mountain shelters-500 rubles per day
3. The cost of products according to the recommendations for 9 day is 4000-5000 rubles per person Products for hiking and climbing, according to the list on the site, are purchased by program participants at the place of residence and are brought with them, as their assortment in Terskol is limited.
All routes are designated on all tour-maps, belong to the category of mountain tourism and do not require special tourist and climbing training (available for beginners). The average duration of daytime transitions is 12-16 km, it's about 6-8 hours, including lunch and 10 minutes halt every 50 minutes.